Thursday, September 8, 2016

September 2004






Early September 2004 

My mom had been in the hospital for a few days. She had been in and out of the hospital for most of my life, but this time was different. This time she had been in a coma and I wasn’t able to talk to her. I was only 10, so I don’t think that I fully comprehended what was happening. All I knew was that my mom was asleep, and wouldn’t wake up. At one point, I was talking to her and she tried to open her eyes, but wasn’t able to. 








 
 September 8, 2004.
I got picked up from school early by some of my cousins. I wasn’t sure what was going on. No one
would talk to me. We got to the hospital and walked into a small room. The first person I saw was my cousin Rob. He was crying. Why was he crying? I looked over at my grandma and she said quietly: “Meghan, mommy died.” My little world crumbled as I cried in disbelief. We were taken into her hospital room where she laid, quiet and asleep. I touched her hand and was surprised at how cold it was. My mommy was gone. She wasn’t waking up.







September 8, 2016
It has been 12 years since my mom passed away. I can still remember that day like it was yesterday. There were so many things happening in mine and my families lives during that time. I often think about her and wish she was here, yet there are many times where I can feel her presence. I have felt her presence at all of my clogging performances. I felt her presence at my seminary and college graduations. When I cry, I know she’s there. I felt her presence at my wedding. She was in the temple watching our sealing and crying happy tears with all of us. I felt her hand on my shoulder comforting me at my grandma’s funeral in January. She was with me when I cried and cried over missing the both of them. There are so many times that I have felt her. I may not have her with me physically, but I know she’s there. I know that my family and I all miss her terribly. She is often talked about. You are loved and missed mom. I love you! Until we meet again.


















 

No comments:

Post a Comment